Poole College of Management Calendar
Free Tax Return Assistance
Nelson Hall, B400
NC State Poole College of Management accounting students are again providing free online tax return assistance for individuals and households using the MyFree Taxes website.
The service is a free, safe and easy way for anyone earning less than $66,000 to file their federal and state tax forms online, prior to the April 15, 2020, deadline. The Poole College students have been certified to provide this help through the Internal Revenue Service’s Volunteer Income Tax Return (VITA) program.
What to Bring
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- Form 1098-T for scholarship and education tax benefits
- University statements including tuition paid for the year, scholarships received and receipts for books and other required educational expenses.
To learn more about other tax assistance sessions, visit go.ncsu.edu/taxassistance.