Study Abroad Scholarships
The Alexander Hamilton Scholars program is able to provide support for scholars at certain stages of their work at NC State. The first priority in allocating available funds is helping scholars with the substantial expense of studying abroad.
Study Abroad Scholarship
To receive aid for study abroad, scholars should submit the required application form plus all relevant documentation. To be given full consideration, applicants must submit their applications by February 15 for summer or fall study abroad programs and by October 1 for spring programs. They also must have completed all steps for acceptance into both their Poole College of Management and the IS degrees. In addition to evaluation of the application materials, essay and proposed budget, the co-directors of the program will allocate available funds among the applicants in accordance with the following criteria:
- NC State grade point average and coursework
- Extent of progress through the two degrees, particularly the International Studies degree
- Level of participation in the Hamilton Scholars program
- Length of proposed study abroad program
Students accepting scholarship aid are expected to complete the Hamilton Scholars dual degree program.
- February 15: Summer/Fall Study Abroad programs
- October 1: Spring programs