Ph.D., Accountancy, Arizona State University (2004)
Department and Affiliations
Department of Accounting
Area(s) of Expertise
Tax, Financial Accounting
- “Secondary Evasion and the Earned Income Tax Credit” [with Edward Werner (Drexel University)] The Journal of the American Taxation Association 27(2): 27-58 (2005).
- “The Persistence, Forecasting, and Valuation Implications of the Tax Change Component of Earnings” The Accounting Review 81(3): 589-616 (2006).
- ATA/PricewaterhouseCoopers Best Dissertation Award, 2005
- “The Effects of Standardized Tax Rates, Average Tax Rates, and the Distribution of Income on Tax Progressivity” [with Govind Iyer (Arizona State University) and Ananath Seetharaman (St. Louis University)] The Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 27(1): 88-96 (2008).
- “Structural Change in the Research and Experimentation Tax Credit: Success or Failure” [with Sanjay Gupta (Michigan State University) and Yuhchang Hwang (Arizona State University)]; National Tax Journal 64 (June): 285-322 (2011).
- “Bias in Quarterly Estimates of Annual Effective Tax Rates and Earnings Management Incentives” [with J. Joseph Comprix (Syracuse University) and Lillian Mills (University of Texas)]. The Journal of the American Taxation Association 34(1): 31-53 (2012).
- “Do Publicly Disclosed Tax Reserves Tell Us About Privately Disclosed Tax Shelter Activity?” [with Leslie Robinson (Dartmouth College) and Petro Lisowsky (University of Illinois)]. Journal of Accounting Research 51(3): 583-629 (2013)
- “Firm and Investor Responses to Uncertain Tax Benefit Disclosure Requirements” [with Leslie Robinson (Dartmouth College)]; The Journal of the American Taxation Association (FORTHCOMING FALL 2013).
- “DISCUSSION of Tax Misreporting and Avoidance by Nonprofit Organizations” The Journal of the American Taxation Association 29(1): 87-92 (2007).
- Best Discussion Award: The Journal of the American Taxation Association Conference, 2006