University of Virginia,
Department and Affiliations
Department of Business Management
Area(s) of Expertise
Technology and the Law, Law and Economics, and Government Regulation
- Breaux, Travis and David L. Baumer, “Legally ‘Reasonable’ Security Requirements: A 10-year FTC Retrospective,” 30(4) Computers and Security 178 (June 2011).
- Hiller, Janine, Matthew S. McMullen, Wade M. Chumney, and David L. Baumer, “Privacy and Security in the Implementation of Health Information Technology (Electronic Health Records): U.S and EU Compared,“17(1) Boston University Journal of Science and Technology Law 1, (Winter 2011).
- Muir, Dana M., David Baumer, Stephanie Greene, Gideon Mark, and Robert E. Thomas, “Essay: Justice Sotomayor on the Supreme Court: A Boon for Business?” 4(2) Virginia Law & Business Review 343 (2009).
- Chumney, Wade M., David L. Baumer, Roby Sawyers, “Patents Gone Wild: An Ethical Examination and Legal Analysis of Tax-Related and Tax Strategy Patents,” 46(3) American Business Law Journal 343 (Fall 2009).
- Hiller, Janine S., Baumer, David L., and Wade M. Chumney, “Due Diligence on the Run: Business Lessons Derived from FTC Actions to Enforce Core Security Principles,” 45 Idaho Law Review 283 (2009).
- Sawyers, Roby, Wade Chumney, and David L. Baumer, “When Worlds Collide: Applying the Nonobviousness and Novelty Requirements of Patent Law to Tax Strategy Patents,” 7 Journal of Legal Tax Research 1 (2009).