Richard Warr received his Ph.D. in finance from the University of Florida in 1998. Prior to coming to NC State he taught at Kansas State University. His research focuses on information transmission in markets, equity valuation, short selling, capital structure, risk management and market microstructure. His publications have appeared in such journals as the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Financial Management, the Journal of Corporate Finance, the Journal of Financial Intermediation, the Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance. His teaching is in the area of investments, portfolio management and security analysis.
Ph.D. Finance University of Florida 1998
Area(s) of Expertise
Equity valuation, market microstructure, investments.
- Richard Warr Explains What We Can Learn from Hedge Funds (March 11, 2021)
- Richard Warr Weighs in on Recent Rise in GameStop Stock (Jan. 28, 2021)
- Richard Warr on How Balancing Inflation Can Lead to Economic Recovery (2021)
- Financial Market Phrases (March 30, 2020)
- Professor Warr Urges Patience With Retirement Accounts Amid Coronavirus Outbreak (March 19, 2020)
- Richard Warr Named Associate Dean for Faculty and Academic Affairs (July 22, 2019)
- Diversity is Good Business (Summer 2018)