Sebastian (Seb) Heese is the first faculty member to hold the Owens Distinguished Professorship of Supply Chain Management.
His research aims at increasing the efficiency of production and service operations systems, and often focuses on the interest conflict in decentralized supply chains. His work has been widely published in the leading international academic journals.
Before joining NC State University, Seb Heese was Dean of EBS Business School in Wiesbaden, Germany, where he also served as Executive Director of the Institute for Supply Chain Management and held the SGL Carbon Endowed Chair of Supply Chain Management. Prior to EBS, he served on the faculty at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.
Sebastian Heese holds a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA.
Ph.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Area(s) of Expertise
Supply Chain, Retail
- Designing a manufacturing network with additive manufacturing using stochastic optimisation , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH (2022)
- Driver collusion in ride-hailing platforms , DECISION SCIENCES (2022)
- An Operational Framework for the Adoption and Integration of New Diagnostic Tests , PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (2021)
- Does social media elevate supply chain importance? An empirical examination of supply chain glitches, Twitter reactions, and stock market returns , JOURNAL OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (2020)
- Outsourcing under Competition and Scale Economies: When to Choose a Competitor as a Supplier , DECISION SCIENCES (2020)
- Subcontracting New Product Development Projects: The Role of Competition and Commitment , DECISION SCIENCES (2020)
- The Interaction Effect of Goal Misalignment and Metaknowledge Distribution on Team Decision Making in Operations and Supply Chain Management , DECISION SCIENCES (2020)
- Allocation under a general substitution structure , EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH (2019)
- An empirical analysis of supply chain finance adoption , JOURNAL OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (2019)
- Effects of Assortment Breadth Announcements on Manufacturer Competition , Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (2018)
- People: Faculty
- Department of Business Management: Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Faculty: Professor
- Sebastian Heese Breaks Down Social Media Backlash of Supply Chain Issues (August 27, 2021)
- NC State Poole College Names Sebastian Heese as Business Management Department Head (July 9, 2020)
- Interconnected Nature of Supply Chains Makes Disruptions Worse But Fixable, Says Professor Heese (March 24, 2020)
- Sebastian Heese: Coordinating the Supply Chain (January 9, 2017)