Sebastian (Seb) Heese is the first faculty member to hold the Owens Distinguished Professorship of Supply Chain Management.
His research aims at increasing the efficiency of production and service operations systems, and often focuses on the interest conflict in decentralized supply chains. His work has been widely published in the leading international academic journals.
Before joining NC State University, Seb Heese was Dean of EBS Business School in Wiesbaden, Germany, where he also served as Executive Director of the Institute for Supply Chain Management and held the SGL Carbon Endowed Chair of Supply Chain Management. Prior to EBS, he served on the faculty at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.
Sebastian Heese holds a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA.
Ph.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Area(s) of Expertise
Supply Chain, Retail
- Antecedents of public reactions to supply chain glitches , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION ECONOMICS (2023)
- Capacity shortages, regulation, and firm incentives in the generic drugs industry , NAVAL RESEARCH LOGISTICS (2023)
- Inventory allocation with full downward substitution and monotone cost differences , EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH (2023)
- Sourcing and pricing decisions under upstream competition with a financially distressed supplier, endogenous bankruptcy risk, and a backup supply option , PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (2023)
- Curbing the usage of conflict minerals: A supply network perspective , DECISION SCIENCES (2022)
- Designing a manufacturing network with additive manufacturing using stochastic optimisation , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH (2022)
- Driver collusion in ride-hailing platforms , DECISION SCIENCES (2022)
- Pricing and market entry decisions in personalized medicine , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION ECONOMICS (2022)
- An Operational Framework for the Adoption and Integration of New Diagnostic Tests , PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (2021)
- Outsourcing under Competition and Scale Economies: When to Choose a Competitor as a Supplier , DECISION SCIENCES (2021)
- Sebastian Heese Breaks Down Social Media Backlash of Supply Chain Issues (August 27, 2021)
- Sebastian Heese Assesses the Financial Impact of Supply Chain Glitches on Social Media (July 22, 2021)
- NC State Poole College Names Sebastian Heese as Business Management Department Head (July 9, 2020)
- Interconnected Nature of Supply Chains Makes Disruptions Worse But Fixable, Says Professor Heese (March 24, 2020)
- Sebastian Heese: Coordinating the Supply Chain (January 9, 2017)