Sebastian (Seb) Heese is the first faculty member to hold the Owens Distinguished Professorship of Supply Chain Management.
His research aims at increasing the efficiency of production and service operations systems, and often focuses on the interest conflict in decentralized supply chains. His work has been widely published in the leading international academic journals.
Before joining NC State University, Seb Heese was Dean of EBS Business School in Wiesbaden, Germany, where he also served as Executive Director of the Institute for Supply Chain Management and held the SGL Carbon Endowed Chair of Supply Chain Management. Prior to EBS, he served on the faculty at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.
Sebastian Heese holds a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA.
Ph.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Area(s) of Expertise
Supply Chain, Retail
- An Operational Framework for the Adoption and Integration of New Diagnostic Tests , PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (2021)
- Does social media elevate supply chain importance? An empirical examination of supply chain glitches, Twitter reactions, and stock market returns , JOURNAL OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (2020)
- Outsourcing under Competition and Scale Economies: When to Choose a Competitor as a Supplier , DECISION SCIENCES (2020)
- Subcontracting New Product Development Projects: The Role of Competition and Commitment , DECISION SCIENCES (2020)
- The Interaction Effect of Goal Misalignment and Metaknowledge Distribution on Team Decision Making in Operations and Supply Chain Management , DECISION SCIENCES (2020)
- Allocation under a general substitution structure , EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH (2019)
- An empirical analysis of supply chain finance adoption , JOURNAL OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (2019)
- Effects of Assortment Breadth Announcements on Manufacturer Competition , Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (2018)
- Managing and reallocating inventory across two markets with local information , European Journal of Operational Research (2018)
- Two-dimensional cutting stock problem with sequence dependent setup times , European Journal of Operational Research (2018)