Department and Affiliations
Department of Accounting, Enterprise Risk Management Initiative
Area(s) of Expertise
Determinants of financial analyst interest. Time-series properties of accounting variables. Enterprise risk management adoption decisions.
Bruce’s teaching and research is focused on factors that affect enterprise risk management maturity and its integration with strategy, in addition to his research related to financial reporting and the use of derivative securities and other hedging strategies for risk reduction/risk sharing.
Bruce is one of the faculty who regularly teaches as part of the Initiative’s Executive Education workshops and he is the Editor-in-Chief of the ERM Initiative’s “ERM in the News” newsletter. Bruce has developed ERM thought papers on risk reporting to boards of directors and he is one of the co-authors of the Initiative’s annual survey report on the Current State of ERM done in partnership with the AICPA.
- “Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2016,” with Mark Beasley and Don Pagach. Protiviti Inc. February, 2017.
- “Report on the Current State of Enterprise Risk Oversight – 7th Edition,” with Mark Beasley and Bonnie Hancock. Management Accounting Series. AICPA, 2016.
- “An Examination of the Assessment of Top Risks on the Horizon: Evidence from Executives and Risk Professionals,” with Mark Beasley and Don Pagach. Journal of Enterprise Risk Management. Volume 1, Issue 1 (February 2015).
- “An Analysis of the Maturity and Strategic Impact of Investments in ERM,” with Mark Beasley and Don Pagach. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy. Volume 34, Issue 3 (May/June 2015).
- “CGMA Report: Global State of Enterprise Risk Oversight – 2nd Edition,” with Mark Beasley and Bonnie Hancock. AICPA/CIMA 2015.
- “Reporting Key Risk Information to the Board of Directors.” ERM Initiative Publication, 2015.
Ph. D., Accounting, Florida State University (1992)
B.S., Accounting, Florida State University (1988)