Dr. Kemahlioglu-Ziya received her Ph.D. in industrial and systems engineering with an emphasis on supply chain management from the Georgia Institute of Technology. Prior to joining the Poole College of Management, she was on the faculty of the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Her research interests include bargaining in supply chains, contracting in supply chains and sustainable supply chain management. She has taught operations management and supply chain management at the undergraduate and MBA levels.
Her research has appeared or is forthcoming in journals such as Manufacturing and Service Operations Management and Production and Operations Management. Her dissertation was a finalist for the SCALE award given by the University of Florida.
Meet Professor Kemahlioglu-Ziya
Ph.D. Industrial and Systems Engineering Georgia Institute of Technology 2004
- Life-cycle modeling framework for electronic waste recovery and recycling processes , RESOURCES CONSERVATION AND RECYCLING (2020)
- Outsourcing under Competition and Scale Economies: When to Choose a Competitor as a Supplier , DECISION SCIENCES (2020)
- Don't ask, don't tell: Sharing revenues with a dishonest retailer , European Journal of Operational Research (2016)
- Take-back legislation: consequences for remanufacturing and environment , Decision Sciences (2016)
- A comparison of product take-back compliance schemes , Production and Operations Management (2015)
- Enabling opportunism: Revenue sharing when sales revenues are unobservable , Production and Operations Management (2014)
- Associate Professor
- Department of Business Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Poole College Professors Recognized for Research and Teaching (April 12, 2017)
- Poole College Announces Summer Research Award Recipients (May 24, 2017)
- Faculty Research Award Recipient Profile: Eda Kemahlioglu-Ziya (August 15, 2017)
- Faculty Spotlight: Eda Kemahlioglu-Ziya (Poole Business, February 2019)
- Nine Poole College Faculty Receive Summer Research Awards 2019 (April 15, 2019)