Jeff Pollack is an associate professor in the NC State Poole College of Management. He received his undergraduate degree at Northwestern University, his master’s in organizational communication at NC State University, and his doctorate in management at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Over the past 15 years, Jeff has accumulated a variety of entrepreneurial experiences from working in small family-owned firms, to buying and selling businesses, to investing in businesses. These experiences shape his perspective on research in the domain of entrepreneurship.
Jeff’s research has been published in journals including Academy of Management Journal, Psychological Bulletin, Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of Management, Journal of Small Business Management, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Family Business Review, Journal of Managerial Psychology, Basic and Applied Social Psychology, and Journal of Leadership Studies.
Jeff has taught courses, at the undergraduate and graduate levels, on entrepreneurship, business opportunity analysis and planning, new venture creation, social entrepreneurship, organizational design, industrial and organizational psychology, organizational behavior, and public speaking.
Meet Professor Jeffrey Pollack
Ph.D., Management, Virginia Commonwealth University (2009)
Area(s) of Expertise
- The underlying psychological predictors of new venture creation
- The determinants of performance both at the firm and individual levels.
- Jeffrey Pollack’s 7 Tips for Small Businesses During the COVID-19 Crisis (April 3, 2020)
- Nine Poole College Faculty Receive Summer Research Awards 2019 (April 15, 2019)
- Poole College Professors Recognized for Research and Teaching (April 12, 2017)
- Poole College Announces Summer Research Award Recipients (May 24, 2017)
- Faculty Research Award Recipient Profile: Jeffrey Pollack (June 23, 2017)
- Defining the Keys to Success –– Throughout the Business Lifecycle