Admissions and Program Requirements
Students applying to the Business Analytics Honors Program must meet the following minimum admission requirements:
- Admitted undergraduate Poole major
- B+ or higher in BUS 340
- B+ or higher in ST 350
- B+ or higher in BUS 351
- 3.25 or higher overall GPA
- 3.25 or higher major GPA
Qualified students are encouraged to apply to the program via our online application form. The link to the application will be available on this website during our regular application cycles:
- Spring admission: Sept. 15–Oct. 15
- Fall admission: Feb. 15–March 15
Please keep in mind that admission to the Business Analytics Honors program is competitive and based on prior academic achievement. Merely meeting the minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee that you will be admitted.
Students currently enrolled in BUS 351 may still apply to the program. Admission decisions will be based on grades earned in BUS 340 and ST 350, as well as the student’s overall and major GPAs. If the student is granted conditional admittance, their GPAs and final grade in BUS 351 will be verified at the end of the semester. If the student earns at least a B+ in BUS 351 and has maintained at least a 3.25 overall and major GPA, they will be fully admitted into the program. Otherwise, they will no longer be eligible to continue the program and will be removed from any program courses they may have already enrolled in for the following semester.
Students with specific questions about the program and the admission process can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Students admitted to the program in Spring 2020 or later will be required to earn a B or higher in the following courses. Students should allow themselves at least 3 semesters to complete the program after being accepted.
- BUS 440H – Database Management [prerequisite: BUS 340]
- BUS 458H – Analytics: From Data to Decisions [prerequisite: BUS 351]
- BUS 459H – Business Analytics Practicum [prerequisite: BUS 458H]
- One analytics elective course from the following list: (Not all elective courses will be offered every semester. Please plan accordingly.)
- ACC 459 – Analytics in Accounting & Finance
- BUS 428 – Financial Analytics
- BUS 429 – Financial Modeling
- BUS 469 – Digital Marketing Practicum
- BUS 470 – Operations Modeling and Analysis
- BUS 476 – Decision Modeling and Analysis
- EC 451 – Econometrics II
- MIE 437 – Human Resources Analytics
- NEW! 3 credit hours of Data Science Academy courses (currently DSC 495)
- R/Python for Data Science
- Exploratory Data Analysis for Big Data
- Natural Language Processing
- Data Wrangling and Web Scraping
- Data Science for Policy
- Data and Ethics
- Data Physicalization
Students admitted into the Business Analytics Honors program will be able to enroll themselves in the appropriate courses for this program as soon as their enrollment appointment opens. Please keep in mind that the program takes three semesters to complete and students should enroll in courses in the following sequence: BUS 440H, BUS 458H, BUS 459H. Students will also be responsible to enroll themselves in an analytics elective course from the list above at some point prior to their graduation. If students have any questions concerning registration, they can email email@example.com.
Completing the Program
Completion of the Business Analytics Honors Program will be designated on a student’s transcript after all degree requirements have been met, in addition to the following:
- B or better grade in all required program-level courses
- 3.25 or better major GPA
- 3.25 or better overall GPA
Graduating students will be emailed instructions concerning honor cords and certificates of completion a few weeks prior to commencement.