Facts and Rankings
The Poole College of Management at NC State University educates tomorrow’s leaders through the active integration of teaching, research and engagement. The college creates an innovative and intellectual environment with a focus on leadership and management in a technology-rich, global marketplace.
3,600+ Undergraduate Students
100+ Full-Time Faculty
- No. 1 Best Public College for Your Money in North Carolina –– Money, 2020
- No. 2 Best Big City to Live In Right Now –– US News & World Report, 2022
- No. 1 in the Southeast and No. 15 Nationally for Undergraduate and Graduate Entrepreneurship –– The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur, 2022
- No. 27 Best Undergraduate Business Analytics Program –– US News & World Report, 2022
- No. 9 Best Undergraduate Accounting Program in the South –– Public Accounting Report, 2019
- 3 majors. 6 Concentrations.
Our students are majoring in accounting, business administration and economics. Concentrations include entrepreneurship, finance, human resource management, information technology, marketing, and operations and supply chain management.
- Our Students Learn by Doing
Our emphasis on experiential learning, corporate partnerships, international and honors programs and research opportunities are designed to enable you to make an immediate impact in the working world.
- $57,186 Average Starting Salary
For undergraduate programs alumni across accounting, business administration and economics majors in 2021.
- 100+ Full-Time Faculty
Our faculty are thought leaders and field-tested experts with enduring ties to the world of business.
- Poole College Has its Own Career Center
Our full-time career staff is dedicated to preparing you for the career through networking opportunities, career and internship fairs, online job and internship database and other programs.
- 1 in 3 Poole College Students Study Abroad*
1 in 5 Study Abroad students at NC State is from Poole College. *Pre-COVID data. Global Programs are open in Fall 2021.
- 10+ Annual Heritage Months Celebrations and Identity-Affirming Events
As a college, we celebrate the Black History Month, Women’s History Month, Latinx Heritage month, among other events.
- 30+ Student Organizations
From student clubs and national student organizations to affinity groups, there are many ways to get involved and find your place at Poole.
- Management First Year Experience
All first-time, first-year Poole College students enter the college as Management First Year students where they have the opportunity to take courses in a variety of business disciplines and receive academic advising along the way to help discover which major best suits their skills and interests.
- Various Practicum Projects
Our students participate in practicum courses that allow them to engage fully with businesses and business owners in arriving at solutions to real-world problems.
- Focus on Developing Analytical Skills
We integrate analytics across the curriculum as well as offer Business Analytics Honors Program for undergraduate students to prepare them to help organizations understand and make data-driven decisions.
- Ethics, Social Responsibility, Diversity and Inclusion Topics Covered in 28 Classes
Across accounting, business management, and management, innovation and entrepreneurship undergraduate courses.
- 24 Professional Full-Time Support Staff, Including 9 Full-Time Advisors
Our team of award-winning, knowledgeable academic advisors will help you find the classes, student organizations, professional opportunities and enrichment experiences that will excite you and add value to your degree.
- Uniquely Designed M Courses
M courses are designed to help you develop multiple facets of identity such as social, cultural, leadership and career choices. Through these courses, students will learn about themselves, others and how they can use their strengths and their identity to create an action plan for future success at NC State, become engaged in their local community and engage in career path exploration.
Being Part of Poole
- Entrepreneurship Clinic
Located in Raleigh Founded and housed in Poole College, eClinic provides students with the opportunity to work alongside the best startups and corporations while earning credit.
- Andrews Launch Accelerator
The eClinic’s 14-weeks summer program provides selected NC State students with funding, resources and guidance to take their startup to the next level.
- B Corp Clinic
The B Corp Clinic –– facilitated by Business Sustainability Collaborative –– connects students to aspiring B Corporations to help them improve their environmental and social impact.
- Thought Leadership Events Designed for Students
We bring together faculty and industry experts for speaker series and panels to facilitate conversations around relevant business topics.
- Supply Chain Gallery Walk
Twice a year, the Supply Chain Resource Cooperative hosts a gallery walk as a showcase of students’ corporate-partnered practicums with local industry.