Business Administration refers to the activities involved in running, or administering, a business or other similar organization. Successful business people are familiar with all the major components and activities that make up the organization and how they work together for organizational success. Effective business professionals are able to look at the organization from a strategic perspective, enabling them to manage their specific responsibilities within the larger organization more effectively.
About the Program
The Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration focuses on core business functions. All students study finance, marketing, operations, human resource management, information technology, and entrepreneurship before declaring a concentration for more in depth study.
The curriculum in Business Administration emphasizes ethical and global awareness, communication skills and critical thinking for decision making. Students complete the core curriculum requirements to build a foundation of business knowledge and then select their concentration of interest as a specialization.
What Will I Learn?
- Organize, analyze and apply information to make business decisions
- Organize and express ideas using appropriate language and grammar in a business context
- Analyze data and systems
- Utilize key financial principles
- Identify and analyze business opportunities
- Manage distribution channels and supply chain operations
- Understand and predict consumers’ needs in the marketplace
- Develop marketing strategy
- Integrate business functions to drive successful strategies
- Apply business and quantitative skills to solve real-world problems
Why Business Administration at NC State?
NC State’s Business Administration program provides students the business knowledge and analytical skills needed by companies across a variety of industries.
Our hands-on and project-oriented courses and labs give students real-world experiences they can apply to today’s business challenges. Students engage with actual companies and industry partners through clubs, projects and internship opportunities to develop practical experiences.
Our graduates have the skills and confidence to solve real-world business problems and communicate effective solutions.