- Acquaint yourself with your advisor.
- Check your university email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) regularly for updates from your advisor and Poole College of Management.
- Schedule and keep appointments with your advisor.
- Come to appointments prepared with any required forms, paperwork, and questions.
- Monitor your Degree Audit to track your progress toward graduation. Contact your academic advisor if you find problems.
- Seek assistance as soon as a problem arises. Do not wait!
- Clarify college and university policies and procedures.
- Provide an overview of the curriculum, major, and minor options.
- Help students develop academic and career goals. Assist students with methods for working through academic issues.
- Role model professional behavior for students.
- Make referrals to university support services (tutoring, counseling, etc.).