Poole Leadership Organizations
The Poole College of Management Leadership Organizations are student groups that are affiliated with and support the administrative offices in the Poole College of Management - Admissions, Advising, Career, Global and the Assistant Dean's Office.
Apply for Poole Leadership Organizations!
Click the organization’s dropdown below to apply.
Please click on the organizations’ names for more information including links to their websites and applications (when available).
Poole Student Ambassadors
- The Poole College of Management Student Ambassadors share their experiences with prospective students and families (prospective first years and transfers)
- They represent Poole College at admissions events such as University Open House and Admitted student events
- Since the Poole Student Ambassadors are representing the College and creating connections with prospective students, it’s important to us to have diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences in our membership.
- It’s a great way to connect with others, share your story and grow professionally!
For more Information: go.ncsu.edu/pooleambassadors
Peer Career Coaches
The Peer Career Coaches act as representatives of the Poole College of Management Career Center. They host employers during on-campus events and provide career and professional support to Poole students.
For more Information: go.ncsu.edu/peercareercoaches
Interested in applying to be a 2023-2024 Peer Career Coach? Check out the job description.
Poole Peer Leaders
The Peer Leaders organization seeks to foster a sense of community within the Poole College of Management. This is achieved through welcoming new students, providing one-on-one mentoring to First-Year and transfer students, and providing academic support for Poole courses. Peer Leaders serve as student leaders in the M100 Courses. They build community through facilitating thoughtful discussions and creating an inclusive environment. Additionally, Peer Leaders organize academic programming for students, as well as social and professional development opportunities for members. The organization assists the Poole College of Management with events such as new student orientation and wolfpack welcome week.
For more Information: go.ncsu.edu/peerleaders
Members of Global Corps serve as an extension of the Global Programs Office. These student leaders promote international experiences for Poole students, primarily summer and semester study abroad programs.
For more Information: go.ncsu.edu/globalcorps
The Poole Council is the student government organization for the Poole College of Management and acts as the liaison between the student body and college administration.
For more Information: go.ncsu.edu/poole_council
Poole Student Advisory Board
The Poole College Student Advisory Board provides input about strategic decisions that guide the Poole College of Management’s future to ensure lifelong student success.
For more Information: https://poole.ncsu.edu/undergraduate/student-life/student-advisory-board/
While each organization may have specific requirements, all are looking for students who are:
- Current Poole College of Management students
- Ambitious, goal-oriented individuals
- Enthusiastic about Poole College
Students do not need any specific knowledge or experience to be a competitive applicants. Organizations are looking for students with potential and a willingness to develop professionally and personally.
Benefits of Joining
- Growth in leadership skills such as time management and communication
- Giving back to the College and serving other Poole students
- Connection and community with Poole students and staff
- Professional development opportunities – networking events, resume reviews, engagement with companies
Members of the leadership organizations are selected through an application process. The recruitment and application process takes place each Spring semester for members to join the leadership organizations the following Fall semester.
Student can apply to one or more of the organizations. Students who are planning to apply to more than one organization will need to complete each organization’s application.
All leadership organizations follow the same recruitment timeline. Important dates are listed below. Students may apply to multiple organizations.
Spring 2024 Recruitment Timeline
|Applications open at 5:30 p.m.
|Joint Information Session 6 – 7 p.m. in Nelson 3400.
|Deadline for Peer Leaders, Peer Career Coaches, Global Corps and Poole Council; Applications Close at 5:00 p.m.
|Deadline for Poole Student Ambassadors; Applications close at 5 p.m.
|Organizations will host separate interview processes. Communication with potential candidates will come directly from the organization.
|Notifications of application decisions begin at 8 a.m.
|Rosters are finalized at 5 p.m.